DWSC 2017 New
Have you always wanted to play Survivor? Do you have what it takes? Here is a chance for you to get as close as you can without actually being on the show. So get up off the couch, get in shape, buy some flint and start lighting fires. Especially one under your butt.
DWSC 2016 will take place from June 23rd through June 26th. Contestants will be responsible for their own transportation to and from Portland, Maine. Arrival time must be before 3:00 PM on the 23rd and departures should be no earlier than 6:00 PM on the 26th.
There are two ways that you can become a DWSC 2016 contestant. The first is by being the top fundraiser. The Durham Warriors Project will be the beneficiary of a fundraiser that will run through February 29, 2016. The top fundraiser that has raised at least $1000 will be guaranteed a contestant spot in DWSC 2016. Only money reflected on the official fundraising webpage will be considered and all money donated remains with The Durham Warriors Project once the fundraising period has ended. However, money raised on the fundraising page will be credited toward the contestant fee if someone is not the top fundraiser but does submit an application and is selected to participate. A link to the Durham Warriors Project’s Paypal fundraising webpage is at the right of this page. On the Paypal donation confirmation page, be sure to select “add special instructions to recipient” and type the name of the applicant being supported. All potential contestants taking part in the fundraising must also submit an application.
The second way you can be a DWSC 2016 contestant is by applying. If you are selected the cost to participate will be $300, all of which will be a donation to the Durham Warriors Project. Feel free to share the opportunity to apply with your friends and family. However, you are not permitted to form pre-event alliances with other applicants. If we discover any such activity your application will be removed from consideration.
Have any questions . . . send a message to email@example.com.
Still want to participate? Fill out and submit the application below by February 29, 2016. If you are selected you will be notified by March 30th and further instructions will be provided regarding travel arrangements. Hope to see you in Maine at DWSC 2016!
Do you want to guarantee your spot as a contestant in DWSC 2017? Click here to see a way that you can![gravityform id=”1″ name=”Contestant Application” description=”false”]
Your video should cover the following 3 topics:
1. Tell us a little about yourself including your name, age, what you do and where you are from.
2. Why do you want to compete in the Durham Warriors Survival Challenge?
3. Do you think that you can win the Durham Warriors Survival Challenge? Why or why not?
If you are technologically challenged, don’t worry! Consider this your first DWSC challenge! Once you have completed your video, save it on your computer or phone using only your name as the name of the video.
If you are uploading from your computer:
- Go to youtube.com.
- Click on the box in the upper right corner that says “Upload”.
- Click on the privacy setting box that says “Public” and change it to “Unlisted”.
- Click on “Upload your video” and select your video from your library.
- Click the blue box that says “Done” once the “Processing Complete” message appears.
- A box then appears with the URL that you need to copy and paste into the box above.
If you are uploading from your phone (iPhone instructions are shown-Android should be similar):
- Select the video that you would like to upload.
- Hit the “Share” icon.
- Select the “YouTube” icon.
- Log in to your YouTube account. If you don’t already have an account you will need to visit YouTube and set up an account prior to uploading your video.
- Fill in required information. Remember to only use your name as the title. Responses to other required information do not matter.
- Select “Unlisted”.
- Hit “Publish”.
- Hit “View on YouTube”.
- Hit the “Share” icon and a box then appears with the URL that you need to copy and paste into the box above.